Mulat Pinoy Kabataan News Network SciComm or MP-KNN Scicomm is an online workshop for young Filipino science communicators. On their third week, they hosted a conversation with scientists from different fields including data science, physics, marine science, and genetics. The session was made open to the public.
Jul 18, 2020 6:00 PM
The science panel was asked to answer the question: “How might we build ‘A Better Normal’ through Science?”
- Dr. Erika Legara, Data Scientist, Deputy Managing Director ACCeSs@AIM, Asian Institute of Management (AIM)
- Dr. André David, Research Physicist, European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN)
- Dr. Aletta Yñiguez, Associate Professor, University of the Philippines Marine Science Institute (UP MSI)
- Dr. Ryan Collantes, Research scientist, Ocular Genomics Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Harvard Medical School
- Moderated by TJ Dimacali, Science Writer
This event was organized by Probe Media Foundation, Inc. in partnership with pioneering Filipino podcast network PumaPodcast.
Aboitiz Chair in Data Science
My research interests include complexity science, network science, artificial intelligence, and computational social science.